Tuesday 27 March 2012

About me - A Longer Introduction

Greetings fellow bloggers. I am what you might call a prolific blogger. I have had many blogs in my time, all focusing on many differing, small aspects of my life such as one for university, one for hobbys etc. These havn't really worked out - probably because its such a small snapshot of my life, with this one I intend it to not be so niche and to truly be open and honest about everything that is happening to me.

I am currently majoring in Criminology as well as doing a few Media Production. It's just coming up to the end of second year, so I'm starting to think about dissertations and what I want to do with my life after university. I am hoping to do a Masters Degree if I get a good 2:1 or a 1st so the pressure is on! I've also just turned 21 and am slowly getting used to being an adult, in the loosest sense of the term 'adult'.


I have the travelling bug. In my gap year I went to South Africa to work with big cats and predators which was a childhood dream come true. I'd previously been to Malawi on an aid giving trip and so Africa will always have a place in my heart and I can't wait to return one day. However, I do also want to see the rest of the world aswell, speciffically the Amazon rainforest.

I'm a geek and proud of it, with one of my life ambitions being to publish a paper on Sherlock Holmes one day.

This is a big turning point in my life which is why I want to blog about it. Many of my friends, some of whom I am living with, others not, are moving on to pastures new - one of my best friends is even moving out of the country. I'm starting to work out my identity and who I am as a person, as well as starting to get a rough idea of what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.

Me in a blizzard


1 comment:

  1. Always a pleasure to meet a Sherlockian :)

    Welcome to the Sherlock Holmes blogosphere!

    Have you read the book "Bending the Willow: Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes" by David Stuart Davies. This book is a recommended read for fans of the Granada adaptation and/or Jeremy Brett.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete